Susereign

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Windeeeeee!

Am sitting here in all my clothes, plus the fleecy liner from my beloved Barbour jacket and ... a huge warm blanket. I wouldn’t look out of place in a wigwam lol  Despite the heater being on, and no draughty window at last, the cold is still felt. Perhaps it’s psychological as we’ve moved the huge faux polar bear rug in readiness for the woodburning stove to be finished and the workmen to return and remove these bliddy storage heaters. The one in the sitting room was seriously scorched, turning the place into a sauna, ignoring any attempt to turn the heat down. We had to switch them off at the mains.

Anyway, luckily, scooted out this morning to film fab waves. The first video is long, but sitting in the car, was shielded from the wind and rain. The second one was something else as I had to get out of the car – the road down to the pier was covered in tangle and small rocks. Took my gloves off and inadvertently the camera off my wrist! It landed with a thud on the concrete. I felt sick, but carried on catching a video. It worked fine! Whew. They can be seen on My Videos link.

Then today, of all days, the logs arrived for the stove. We donned our warmest coats and started the merry (not) task of lifting in the ton of logs. Early on, I bumped my shin on a metal bucket and promptly turned the air blue haha  I think my leg has turned blue too.

We had to stop that wonderful task as the wind was trying to whisk me away – only the clothes pole kept me on land. I’m so glad no one filmed it lol  Rendered useless with my lack of muscles, hubby sent me indoors, where I sat like a zombie thawing out and aching from the pathetic little work I did. It’s had to be tied up and secured until the weather calms down – which doesn’t look like any time soon.  There’s just been a 66mph gust and we aren’t even in the worst of it yet – that is forecast as going to be a Violent Storm 11, but I reckon it’ll go way beyond that.  Must remember to fill the flasks – just in case we get a power cut.

Am beginning to warm up again, having been snug as a bug in my goosefeather nest for a snoozy earlier. The noise of the wind in the chimney is loud, so if I put the telly on, the volume will be turned way up just to hear it above the wind.

The one thing that I’ve never really seen here before was the plethora of trash from the wheelie bins. It’s everywhere!  And what’s the betting the council won’t bother to pick it up! Some bins have gone for a run round the island as well.  Oh bring back the safer, sensible old ways we used to do it and have the bin men come in to the gardens to collect the bins instead of them being left outside on the open pavements, at the mercy of our wild weather.  I best off and get the flasks prepared. Have a good and safe evening everyone :) Susan

P.S. Eeeeeks! And a power cut to boot!

P.P.S. Mega eeeeks - am heading for the airing cupboard methinks :|
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.