Susereign

Friday 26 July 2013

Love Conquers All

G’morn, It’s beautiful too, with the air gently floating into the room, filling it with earth-sweet scents after the rain. No, I’m not waxing lyrical, just trying to describe a moment. Like one that touched me yesterday that I should not have been privy to, but through the movement of time and being somewhere, I was. It was of someone still in the depths of and coming to terms with grief. My heart reached out to such an extent that tears filled my eyes, as I know only too well what the person is going through, only far greater in its own way. I wanted so much to comfort them and say everything will ease soon – but it takes time and many a visit to Hades before the light shines through. But it will. I know, because it shines for me. I am blessed to have a husband with whom we share everything. The ups, downs, kicks in the teeth, sorrow, disappointment, hurt, being lied to, stolen from, betrayed and laughs. This is a time in our lives, especially Tom’s, when he should be out enjoying his pleasure of fishing quietly by one of his many favourite lochs. But what is he doing? Being a carer in the truest sense of the word, to me, as I become more unable to do things like I used to. I honestly couldn’t wish for more. While all this is bursting in my heart to shout to the world, here it is on virtual paper – I LOVE YOU TOM! I wish everyone could experience a joy that transcends the mundane, through thick and thin. There. I feel so much lighter having off-loaded that burden of thought. I’ll be taking a pause from chatting for a while to organise my room of creations – can only manage a little bit at a time – but will get there. Have a wonderful day J Susan x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.