Susereign

Sunday 29 April 2012

Soothing Day

Oh what a beautiful morning ... calm, sunny, sweet air filled with bird song. I had to go out and film it, but on uploading my little epic, noticed that there’s a noise as the camera refocuses whether zooming in on an item or panning around.  Not too chuffed with that, especially as the camera was more than a few quid.  Might go back to using another one, which reminds me, must recharge the battery for that. Anyway, the little movie is on my Webshots page with the bird songs fighting with camera focusing mechanics.



Not done a lot this week, much like most weeks owing to health, or lack of it.  But did make an attempt at getting into crafting again.  However, it has taken hours and will take heaps more, to update my Gypsy and various Cricut machines.  What joy!  But it’s really nice being amongst all the crafty bits and pieces.  Just looking at them is an inspiration, so depending on how my legs are later today, I might hop (I wish) up to the Bubble and do some crafting.  Am itching to use the leafing flakes.  Got heaps more stamps that I want to try out and use my Promarkers on.

We got (that is, me) rid of the couch this week, as I was fed up that it required daily puffing and re-arranging of cushions.  Bought a fantastic Restwell chair that massages and heats – ohhhh – pure luxury.  Hubby put it all together but didn’t seem very enthusiastic even when invited to try it out.  Could have blown me over with a feather when he asked me to order him one too!  So the chair that went with the couch has gone.  Needless to say, Aurora is at a total loss as to where it is.  She used to sit on the arm of it so that I could brush her.  Now she comes up real close for her grooming, but wanders round in circles.  She’s also taken a fancy to my new chair, so whenever I fancy a relaxing seat in it – forget it – she’s snoring her head off in a dreamland of comfort.  I did wonder if Restwell make large cat size chairs so that I can at least have half an hour of pampering.


Hubby’s been busy building model fire engines of yesteryear, really lovely and has made a start on a doll’s house for moi.  We might win the lotto and get the real thing built haha  He did a lovely gypsy caravan as well, which is crying out for a suitably sized model horse.  I quite fancy a Clydesdale festooned in shiny brass and leather, so we're keeping our eyes open for something that fits the bill.  I’ve noticed a few of my crafty bits being ‘adopted’ for his little creations.  Hmmmm ... but it’s worth it as the results are so beautiful.  Will put photos of his handiwork on soon-ish.

Went out yesterday for the first time in quite a while. Don't always paint the face, but decided to at the last minute.  It wasn't until very much later, in the evening, I realised I'd completely forgotten to put on mascara!  I have been known to just put lipstick on top or bottom lip, but haven't yet just mascara-ed one eye.  So I guess it's a blessing I forgot to do both, although would have been quite amusing.


Time to finish off this cuppa and make another, then I might be fully awake and ready to get going.  Have a good day all, and happy crafting :) Susan

p.s. Just opened the curtains only to discover that herself (Aurora) has, at some time during the night, left a little deposit of the hairball variety. Yuck!  So, the coffee is on hold until that is cleared up.  It might explain why I found her sitting in the empty bath this morning - she does that sometimes - mad cat.  One day she'll remain there long enough for me to snatch a photo.  Perhaps she was hinting that she wanted a bath - but as that's a two-man task, if necessary, would have to wait until hubby surfaces from snoozies. She's a BIG cat.  Never a dull moment eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.