Susereign

Monday 4 March 2013

Own Up!

OK ... who did it?  Who snaffled the last page outa the book?  Yeah, there I was, amongst thousands of others, glued to Dragon’s progress, when the crucial last moment arrived and PINGGGGG! Off went the screen again in a LOS (Loss of Signal) from the ISS.  That’s where I ended up watching most of the berthing process occur, with SpaceX coverage alongside.  But to swipe the last few minutes or even seconds of Dragon’s docking would have miffed me bigtime, but for the fact live coverage at all is such a privilege.  Amazes me that rockets zoom into space and synchronise at high speeds with another array of spacecraft, the result of years of pre-programmed manoeuvres.  Simply fascinating and quite mind boggling.  I loved watching it all (except the LOSs) but eavesdropped on on-screen chatter via the various chat platforms, like Facebook; Twitter etc.  Some of the comments were hilarious and kept us all going.  I couldn’t participate, as ain’t a member of these forums.

After a solid 6 hrs of viewing, I zonked and this morning is pay-up time with every bit of my body grumbling. I guess it’ll be little bursts of exercise throughout the day, whether I like it or not. But sleep beckons.  At least the stove is lit, though am thinking of renaming it the furnace. I put one too many logs on it last night, for an all-night burn, before shutting it down for sleeps.  Hmmm – would have been OK if the wind hadn’t perked up a bit, so windows had to be re-opened in an attempt to cool the place down. However, when I wakened this morning, there were still fragments of embers and the whirry gizmo was still turning.

Didn’t switch the telly on at all yesterday and methinks it might be same again today as I’m becoming reacquainted with the gentle sound of the flames.  Awww they were beautiful last night – great, long, amber streaks of light.  It was very comforting - and amusing as the three of us, me, hubby and Aurora the cat, sat watching the display, speechlessly mesmerised.

This coffee needs to be stronger as it’s not waking me up like it should. Have a good day wherever you are :) Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.