Susereign

Friday 1 March 2013

In like a lamb

Well, there’s hardly enough of a puff of wind to move a floating feather.  March has most certainly come in like a lamb and as the old saying goes, out like a lion.  The latter remains to be experienced, though I hope it tip-toes out as quietly as it has arrived.  We’re in a mist again ... a real pea-souper, though I think that has changed to cloud according to one forecast.  Last night it lifted before sundown and even showed off bands of blue sky.  Although it didn’t rain, fence wires, washing lines and metal gates were laden with heavy raindrops caused by the dense, water-filled air.  The street lights aren’t on yet, so I’ve no idea what it’s like out there at the moment.

I crawled out of the goose-feather nest at ... 12.30am and am still wide awake at 5.05am.  Hmph!  I’d set the alarm to wake up at 4am to see the SpaceX CRS2 liftoff to the ISS.  Eejit ... I’d subtracted 5 hrs from the expected lift-off at 10.10 EST, instead of adding it on!  For anyone interested, live coverage will be shown on NASA TV from 1.30-4pm OUR time (GMT).  Here’s the link - http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html

Look on the left hand side for NASA TV and click on it.  I do hope the weather over there remains favourable for the lift-off.  It was very interesting hearing the pre-flight briefing, during which the anomalies of weather conditions were explained.  I’m not too good at remembering it all to share it (heck, I can’t remember to add hours instead of subtracting ... duh!), so that’s all I’ll say on the matter.

And it’s Friday! (Just double-checked that it is haha)  Despite not having been able to work for years, the weekend feeling sticks with me from the many years I did work.  So, have a good one and don’t work too hard if you have to and relax if possible, Susan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.