Susereign

Thursday 28 February 2013

Did you know ...

... that Haar, as in sea haar, is a Scottish word?  Hmmm, learn something every day.  We’re swathed in this sea haar today with 4 more days of the same forecast.  That means March will come in like a lamb and go out like a lion. Ewww.

Aurora has been really daring in coming into my room and waking me up! Then, when I do, she promptly goes to sleep on hubby’s chair and leaves me thinking I could have slept longer.  Brat, but cute.
 
Hubby’s had a, not altogether unexpected, back problem.  No doubt brought about by humfing another ton of logs that arrived last week.  I have recovered from trying to help with the first load, and learned not to do so much upping and downing attending to the stove.  Mind you, with these new logs, that’s not necessary, as they burn for several hours at a time, opposed to just the hour the other ones did.  Anyway, it left him in agony and he’s been spending a lot more time resting to aid recovery.  Me and my sense of humour suddenly remembered the fabulous 3 part shows of ‘Penguins – Spy in a Huddle’.  Did you see it?  It’s superb.  My favourites are the Emperor penguins and with that in mind I likened our strained walking styles to the adorable Emperor penguins ... and waddled around appropriately.  Well, it gave us a laugh, but hubby was in such pain, laughing was uncomfortable, though he heartily did so. I couldn’t get him to synchronise with me.  I could never be a nurse.

Then a little while ago he said that a cat was sitting on our car!  Armed with camera, I managed to catch a pic as it was just about to leap off.  The engine was obviously still warm as hubby had been out to get medication.  Nothing is sacred to a cat, is it?  I love them, but they are not as obedient as woofits.
Oooo the sea haar has thickened quite a bit, can hardly see houses down the road, so I’m off to gaze at the silent wonder of it.  The only things flying are birds and winged bugs.  I guess we won’t be getting any flights today.  Luckly the mail plane got in yesterday and brought my goodies at record speed from ‘Linda Ravenscroft’ http://www.lindaravenscroft.com/index.php .  Ohhhh they are lovely – I got a beautiful scarf and another perfume oil, to add to my increasing collection.  The fragrance is exquisitely haunting and we had a lot of fun trying to guess what is in it.  I need to order more, as that is one I cannot be without.  Have a good day, Susan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.