Susereign

Monday 25 February 2013

Bits n Bobs

Hello,
I’ve had a bit of a mixy-moxy weekend. Muscle power is recovering well after my (for me) epic exertions with the new stove.  What once used to be normal activities is now a procedure for consideration on whether or not is accomplishable. I really don’t want to be sitting like a stooge while recovering from stoking the fire, sweeping and washing the hearth, then feeding logs on an, initially, frequent basis.  The new ton of wood briquettes arrived on Friday and the ash pan was emptied only yesterday! They truly are far less work and cleaner for the stove window – she says, looking at the quietly dancing flames through the crystal clear window.  My own opinion on the straw logs is that they’d be great for a pot-belly stove without a window.

During the course of Friday I was privileged to watch many species of birds take a bath.  The blackbirds think the little pool is exclusive to them, but, the sparrows soon assembled, watching their antics and splashes from the bird table.  Starlings then zoomed in and the blackbirds gave up trying to hog the bird bath.  I didn’t dare move to grab the camera but was thoroughly entertained for about an hour of the birds circling the bird bath brim, sipping water, or diving in for a thorough bathe. Ahhh it was delightful to watch.

Yesterday I glanced out to the bird table to see ... a cute little wannabe bird, sitting on the feed tray section tucked snugly under the roof.  It was the cute little black cat that has recently been frequenting the garden and pestering the birds ... grrrrr.  Aurora and I tried our best to scare her away, but she decided to come closer to the window and say hello!  She is cute, but I wish she’d leave my (ha!) birds alone.  I got some pics, and a tiny video of her – excuse the wobbling about on the latter – was trying to keep reflections of me out of it and the blazing sun in clear skies was really blinding.  Aurora came through and shortly after her appearance the little black cat skipped off the bird table.

 
 
 
A new slant on the spider inviting the fly into its parlour haha
 


Then I got bit in the butt with a memory of my dear brother, remembering how hard his hands were from the rough work of all connected with lobster fishing.  Next thing I knew I was in tears thinking that he won’t have the discomfort and sometimes pain he endured as ... there won’t be anything left – it being nearly 10 years since his passing.  Sighs.  Hubby comforted me and made the most delicious meal.  By then I was ready for the goose-feather nest, reminding myself, think of 123 ... think forward.  Slowly I regained my composure but was slightly nonplussed at the little outburst.  S’been a while since I had one of those. C’est la vie, it’s another day and I might, repeat MIGHT, get some more organising of my new craft room.  That task has been mainly hindered by lack of energy and other pesky health issues.  So today will be slow-motion work, as in, a little bit at a time.  It’s rather daunting the amount that still has to be done, but if I remember that only one potato at a time can be peeled, I’ll eventually get there.  I do so miss pottering away with my paints, card, buttons, bows and sparkly embellishments etc.

I’ve just been standing at the front door filming the moon.  It’s a slither off being full, but the quiet with only the sound of the ocean (and me yapping sometimes) was hard to resist.  Forgive the wobbles on my movies – I will get a tall tripod one of these fine days and make steadier videos to share.

 
 
Oooo I’d put the stove to sleep, but it’s time to give it a boost – though the room temp is now 25c.  Have a good day everyone, Susan :)
 
p.s. The cloud is rolling in, here's a couple of moonset shots. Sunrise in about an hour!
 
 
 
Sunblushes
 
Cold and Frosty Morn
 
 Went out again to catch the sunrise, completely forgetting it would be in a different location to a May sunrise. Duhhhh!



Anyway, I began to freeze in the chill wind as it had begun to make its presence felt.  As for the video, I haven't a clue how to erase the 'beam-me-up Scotty' effect that progressively and annoyingly appeared as the sun climbed. Hey ho, it was pretty though, especially with the bird song accompaniment. :)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.