Susereign

Wednesday 29 April 2009

Green cat?

I do believe our Cassie is becoming a rather environmentally friendly kitty. For quickness, I'd loaded my laptop into an available carrier bag, instead of the fancy proper case and lugged it downstairs. No sooner had I unpacked the cables etc, than Cassie dived onto the empty bag! She's been there all night!
In complete contrast, I'd spent the morning having a go with some new misty sprays (not the Tattered Angel range, I hasten to add, though I have some of them too). To my complete horror, as soon as I pressed the button, the trajectory of the spray covered a wide range of the desk. Eyes like saucers, I could only stare (or glare) at the result, as many 'in progress' pieces of work had suddenly acquired a liberal, unexpected and unwanted, blue bespeckling. It was some minutes later before noticing my hands had turned a pretty shade too. Baby wipes weren't enough to get rid of it, so a quick scamper (as quick as one can down a ladder haha) to wash it off properly with copious amounts of hot water and soap. Hands still slightly 'tinged', hoped hubby wouldn't think I'd acquired a sudden illness and whisk me off to A&E. What an experience though - never been in such a colourful mess. Will have to use a large, deep box when next using these particular sprays methinks.


No ... didn't take a photo of it, as the Bubble looks like a whirlwind stopped by for a visit. I know where everything is though - honest! (Go wash yer mouth out Susan! lol) The sun shone all day yesterday, so I managed a couple of photos of - wait for it - dandelions and daisies - in the garden.

(This one's my favourite)

To my surprise, the Reiki my sister performed on pesky arm is still working, in that I have nearly 90% movement now, so achieved loads of crafting. Had a whale of time, mostly printing on different photographic surfaces, and fine-tuning printer settings along the way. Played with a few new CDs and did one bit of stamping/embossing. Hope to get a 'one stamp' card done today (can't remember the right name of that), then focus on the Graphicus Challenge.

A curious success occurred t'other day. Upon waking, found 3 fingers had gone sort of numb/tingling for nearly 24 hours. In desperation, I borrowed one of Cassie's toys. It's a crocheted ball with a bell, full of catnip and a present from her Shetland kitty friend, Tovi. I vaguely remember my Dad using a special squidgy ball that he squeezed periodically through the day, in an effort to improve circulation. It worked. So did the catnip toy! Hey ho, so I'm a happy crafter again and off to the Bubble for a jolly good play with more goodies, even if some do turn me (and the air) blue haha.

Happy crafting everyone :) Susan

6 comments:

  1. I dare not take a picture of my crafty cupboard!
    Love your pics of the gorgeous weeds. Took some myself a few weeks ago.....even weeds can be beautiful. LOL
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Artyjen, awww go on, take a pic of your crafty room haha I love the 'natural' flowers. Had to grab a pic of this little lot before hubby decides to give the grass a haircut... waaaaah! Funny thing is though, there's always a little daisy or sleeping dandelion that escapes the mower. I feel ever so chuffed at their defiance. Thanks for having a looky and your kind comments :) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan, Not had time to hop round the GG blogs recently but I'm now trying to do a few at a time.

    I love reading your posts and like you and Artyjen I like the 'weeds' too.

    You've made some lovely things since my last visit and the photos your Hubby had been playing with really made me laugh.

    Hope you're getting plenty of sunshine this week.

    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww Lesley, thanks so much for taking a wee looky round. I've not been a-bloggling for a while, but that's cos of a new 'friend'. Will update blog soon. Sunshine? Wot sunshine? We've had gales! Waaaaa! Most unbelievable May I've ever experienced. Have a great Lesley :) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooops ... have a great DAY even lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Susan,keep looking on your blog but noticed youvenot been about for a while do hope you are ok??
    Look forward to hearing from you
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.