Susereign

Thursday 29 December 2011

Calmer weather

I CAN HEAR MYSELF THINK THIS MORNING.  Oh, sorry, did I shout that?  It’s still windy, calm being a rare condition here, but without the deafening whistle of the wind skimming the grass.  The wee birds will be delighted today, able to keep their footing while feeding.

The next few days are filled with gales but pff! that’s nothing compared to what we’ve been through. I must take a pic of the salty window before cleaning it.

Doesn’t seem to have been any damage though plenty soggy cardboard boxes and placcy bags are decorating fences.  Many ferries made a dash for it as soon as the winds eased up, but there are still a few either cancelled or disrupted.  My anemometer survived and I have an amusing image in my mind of it whirring round in slow motion with little crossed eyes, totally plum-tuckered after its windy workout haha

Well, sunrise is not until 9.12am, so no point peering out the window just yet.  Will add a pic later. Wonder if the waves are still big.  If it’s not raining I might venture out and take a movie/pic of some rollers. They’re always fascinating.

Might even make a card – not done that in a good while – what a novelty.
Toodlepip for now – Susan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.