Susereign

Wednesday 28 December 2011

And there's more ...

Here we go again. It’s not quite 9.30am and a nice 61mph gust whizzed by.  Aurora and I stood at the window watching massive and abundant waves roll in and thump on the beach.  No little birds about, yet, although there’s food out for them. The seagulls, however, are loving it as they skim the wave surges then shoot up into higher altitudes, only to immediately dive to the white wave tops again.  It’s fun to watch.

It being a WNWesterly (mostly) the ocean waves are being given plenty of assistance. I would film it, but despite de-salting the windows yesterday, they are just as bad again.  My camera doesn’t like dirty windows and has problems focusing. And no, am not going outside for 2 reasons. It would take me ages to exit the door with the force of the wind pushing me back and more importantly, the spray-filled air would ruin my camera.

Apparently it’s supposed to get worse later. It’ll be dark then and I don’t like that as my imagination goes into overdrive.  Haven’t yet heard ‘Chopsticks’ played on the roof, but plenty bin lids are pretending to be symbols.

Think I’ll go rescue Aurora as she seems to be mesmerised by the waves.

Have a fun day! Susan :)
p.s. Woo-eee, it's a bit breezy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.