Susereign

Wednesday 7 December 2011

SYMPATHY TO LIAM AITCHISON'S FAMILY

As reported on the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-16068297 and heard on Reporting Scotland, I was left, almost, speechless.

I have written to Channel 5 on the matter.

‘I’ve just seen the shameful comments made on The Wright Stuff show* and heard a grudging apology for same on Reporting Scotland –* I don’t watch the show anyway.  I’m horrified that Wright’s one-celled brain was capable of formulating what he passed as an apology to Liam Aitchison’s family. He’s absolutely no idea about the closeness of such unique communities and would do well to educate himself out of his ignorance.  Mocking death is bad enough, but utterly disgusting that he find murder so amusing.  I can only conclude he’s not all there, in other words, insane.  His sacking by Channel 5 would be minimal restitution of sorts, but like many of his mouthy ilk, the damage is already done.  Pleb!’

I really have to ask the question on the recent rash of distasteful televised comments.  Is it to boost ratings or be purely ignorantly sensational for the sake of it, and at the cost of whoever happens to be in the firing line?  It’s sickening.


My thoughts are with Liam Aithchison’s family at this deeply sad time.  I hope they can rise above the exacerbation of Wright’s pathetic comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.